Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Persistent Spider?


My wife calls this the "persistent spider". She has dismantled the spider's web several times. I call this the "smart spider". You see the spider builds the web next to the bug catcher on our deck.
Then again, you have to give that old spider credit. The spider really is persistent in his/her (I really don't know who builds the homes in the spider world) little war with my wife. He/She just keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

Zazen is like that for me in some way. I just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Am I gaining, losing, arriving, leaving? Not to be of concern for me (although it certainly is, sometimes)?
The important thing is to go and build that same Zazen web every morning.

Bows,
Alan

Posted by Picasa

No comments: