Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Confessions is good for the self-no-self?

This week has not been a good week for me as far as sitting practice. Twice I have chosen to go to the gym to exercise over sitting (time constraints and all). When I do this I wonder in my little mind just how sincere I am about my practice. Then again, I wonder if this means anything at all except for the fact I am overly (is that a word) body conscious.

Then I think about in times past how I have become too rigid in my spiritual practices and the freedom I felt in just letting go and doing the thing I want to do in that moment.

Being responsible with this body is right action, right? Didn't the Buddha say somewhere that this is a great opportunity we have being human and so we should take advantage of it? Well an early death would squash this great opportunity.

So the way I see it, excluding any terrible accidents, I have just lengthened the time of this great opportunity that we have been given by taking care of this old skin sack!

Oh well, I just felt like confessing this anyway. I feel better now.

Bows,

Alan

No comments: