Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Feasting


My wife set a beautiful table last night. Notice the little buckets of candy corn! Addicting!
It all went very well with some homemade catfish stew. It was my grandfather's recipe. I even cooked it in his old pot.
Today I am going to experiment with making some butternut squash soup.
Orange is in right now you know!

So what is the fundamental point of this?

What is this?

What is relative and what is fundamental?

How does one focus on both?

Lean to the left, lean to the right but choose the middle way.

Step by step...walk this ordinary life.

Actualize it in this very moment!

Whatever it is.

Sound like a bunch of mumbo, jumbo doesn't it?

It is a bunch of mumbo, jumbo for me right now!

Just some spiritual stuff I'm dealing with right now. Anyway, what a great table!

Hands Folded,
Alan

Posted by Picasa

No comments: