Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, October 9, 2009

Just This

Here is the question for the week from Dosho at the Wildfox Zen site:

When doing one thing is there anything else? (i.e., is today just today?) I encourage responses that follow examining the question in the midst of living practice.

One of the ways I tried to experience ("examining the question in the midst of living practice") what I think the answer to this question is was to just sit and reflect on this very moment WORLD WIDE, maybe even beyond world wide. I don't think we can look at this answer from the perspective of space and time as we see it in the phenomenal world. We have created what we call "time" in order to function in an orderly way in culture. Time is not real! I can't quite wrap my mind around this. But this may be a good thing. Maybe this reality transcends "mind". It is something like saying that eternity is not a forever thing, eternity is "now" always.

Anyway, Yes today is just today!

That's the best I can do with this at the moment.

Bowing,
Alan

No comments: