Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Simplicity of Zazen

This if the final journey before this old skin sack takes in this wonderful pleasure. I like the simplicity of this picture. But believe me, the preparation was labor intensive.

Maybe this is a metaphor for Zazen. It looks so simple, but it is labor intensive to keep the practice going.

Deep bows to the butternut squash!

I really liked it. My wife wasn't that crazy about it but she has trouble with vegggies and her taste buds because of the diabetes medicine she takes.

You can take this to a sweet edge but I chose to leave it more natural. It was nice and earthy!

Hands together,

Alan
Posted by Picasa

No comments: