Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life And Death Are Of Supreme Importance- Awaken!!!!!


Last night I had dreams about this practice. I can't put any visual details to this but I can put feeling details to it. There was this feeling of waiting, waiting for something. Then this morning I read a quote from the Buddha...something about being an island, being your own refuge...forget where I saw it now...anyway there rose up in me a new determination and a new understanding that even though this life is manifested, there has to be some kind of determination in our efforts in this practice we embrace, it is not just waiting!

These thoughts come on the coat tails of thoughts about being stuck, feeling the need for a break from all this stuff. Go figure!

It's like I said during the webinar on Saturday, I just need to get out of bed in the morning and live my life, and I would say this morning, live my life with intention, practicing intimacy with all that I do. Of course, idealism has left this old man a long time ago but I bow to "intention", that is a good place to start.

Gassho,
Alan

No comments: