Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Zazen and Cameras



Took my little camera with me on my morning walk. Having the camera actually caused me to look, to see things I would not have noticed if I hadn't had it.

Zazen
is a camera that helps me to see also. I start noticing just how much my mind pushes me here and there. Then I have to refocus my lens on the hara, follow the breath. But it isn't just in the sitting, my zazen camera carries over into my whole life. Not unlike the camera I took with me this morning on my walk, my zazen, in some kind of funky way, goes with me out into my life each day.

But if you don't practice on a regular basis, the batteries seem to die out. Best to plug in your zazen batteries each day. Hey, then you will look and see like I did this morning with my camera. Well, at least I think so. It's not magic, it's work!

Bows to the Saints,

Alan
Posted by Picasa

No comments: