Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chop Wood, Carry Water


Ok, so I just finished my second 100 day study with Dosho Port at Wild Fox Zen. Also had my first Dharma Combat experience. It was short and sweet. Walked in, said a few words, granted an exit by Dosho, thanked Dosho for his teaching.
And so now everything in my life looks different! NOT! Everything is always what it has been. Do I see it differently? Well, not sure. I'll just keep looking and doing what I have always been doing, living this one beautiful life with as much intention as possible.
What I remember from today more than anything is this quote from Dosho's teacher:
"living in vow"

So it's back to my life of chopping wood and carrying water.
What else is a monk in the world to do?

Deep Bows Dosho,
Alan

No comments: