Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Moment




Right now the eyes I have to see this practice with are a lot like the picture above. There seems to be something there but I'm not quite sure what it is. I just know it is there. Lifting the fog, or focusing the lens is the part I have to play in this journey. I think this part is what the Genjokoan is trying to tell us in it's so many ways of saying it. I have to actualize that which is realized. I know, I have been talking about this a lot lately. It's just where I am right now on this wonderful spiritual journey we call life.

As I reflect on my very first sentence in this post, I realize that maybe it is not about having eyes...no eyes, no no ears, no nose...you know...

Dropping body and mind leaves nothing, at least in the normal sense of the way we experience this life...no seeing...no thinking...or is that the conditioned sense in the way we experience this life?

Now to drop body and mind and experience that picture above...that would be a Happy New Moment.

I would not have to be grasping to see or understand. I would just experience it, purely, intimately.

Now that is a fresh new beginning...Happy New moment!


Bows,
Alan

1 comment:

Annotated Margins said...

Yes. Happy new moment, Monk.