Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stuck In The Mud or Comfortable in The Water


I have been doing some reading in Daido Loori's Cave of the Tigers.The book consist of chapters of actual dharma combat between Loori and his students. (Nod of thanks to Steve for the recommendation) One chapter is entitled Pearls, Perils and the Path.

I have noticed the last two or three days during my zazen that the question has come up for me, "What is it that I need to ask Dosho. I feel like I am stuck. Is being "stuck" also one of the perils of the path?

The other side of this coin is being aware that the ordinary, the (what seems) boring also have something to teach me. I need to learn to sit with just this.

But I still wonder, "What is the question that needs to be asked?"

Bows,

Alan

No comments: