Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Amy, I Groan With You And Your Whole Family!!!

I received word yesterday that a dear friend and colleague lost her youngest child (of four) in a automobile accident with a deer. Her husband and all four children were in the car and the deer went through the front window, all the way to the back, killing her eight year old daughter.


Amy, all night long I thought about you, I even dreamed I was at your home in Nashville, sitting with you and David, walking through your home as visitors came to offer their support. Amy, not that I can make a difference, but I wish I could be there to put my arms around you and David and cry with you until...until...until!!! I had to write to you in this way as a way of letting you know I hurt so badly for you.


Shit happens and the world keeps going by, doing what it does without a blink. What a cruel world! It's not just Amy and David, I know that! But for me, today it IS Amy and David and I want to scream out to the world, "STOP WORLD, AMY AND DAVID JUST LOST A PRECIOUS DAUGHTER!!!!"


So today Amy, I GROAN WITH YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!!!


And to those who might read this and find that they continue to take this precious life we have for granted:

Let me respectfully remind you,
    life and death are of supreme importance.
Time swiftly passes by, 
    and opportunity is lost.
Let us awaken, 
    awaken.
Take heed, 
    do not squander your life.







Deep Bows,


Alan

No comments: