Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bad Karma?


Here is my offering for tonight. Stewed yellow squash with onions and Jasmine rice from Thailand. Dogen would not have been too happy with my efforts with the rice. What you see there is a cup of uncooked rice. The package said to wash and drain. I washed it with my hands carefully and then put it in a colander to drain. I don't think Dogen had a colander. Anyway, some of the rice slipped through the little holes in the colander, into the sink, down the garbage disposal. The ango group knows what I am talking about here. So I have probably created some bad karma with this meal. Then again, I don't believe in magic!

So in the spirit of Cooking our Lives, I just thought I would share this little meal with everyone in the ango.

Bows,

Alan
Posted by Picasa

No comments: