Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, February 6, 2010

BEING AN EXPLORER



Finishing up my re-reading of Living Zen, Loving God. Habito uses one of my favorite quotes about this journey. T.S. Eliot:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all exploring
Will be to arrive where we have started
And know the place for the first time
Habito, discussing the four vows of the Bodhisattva, and addressing the third vow:
THE ENLIGHTENDED WAY IS UNSURPASSABLE.
I VOW TO EMBODY IT
States, "The vow to accomplish the peerless, unsurpassable way of enlightenment is simply the vow to realize one's very own True Self. We are not in search of something out there beyond our present reach. We are not on a journey toward some place far off.
It is right before us, here, now..." 
This journey leads us back to ourselves, back to where we started. The difference is we are able to SEE.


The question for me is, "How do I actualize this SEEING?


Maybe by just being conscious of my next breath.


Bows,
Alan



No comments: