Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, February 7, 2010

NOT YOUR REGULAR SUNDAY CHICKEN


OK, I'm making some Super Bowl wings here on my faithful Green Egg smoker and grill. By the way, if you don't have one you will probably be spending a long time in purgatory trying to decide why you never made this conversion. Anyway, it's not so much about the game for me as it is being with some guys I truly love. Heck, I won't even stay for the whole game (bedtime is early for me). So what better way to show these guys how much I love them than sharing one of my culinary gifts. I will put another batch of these on around one o'clock. The grand total will be about 120 pieces of chicken, albeit little pieces of chicken.

Does this have anything to do with Practice? Well, let me share this little old story with you.


Monk: What is the essence of your practice?
Basho: Whatever is needed.


Well today's need was some wings off the Green Egg.

Bows,

Alan
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Annotated Margins said...

I won't be watching the game, but you're right. After looking up what is a Green Egg Grill, I just might live in Purgatory until I get one.

Have a wonderful time winging with your pals!