Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Great is the matter of birth and death.
Life slips quickly by.
Time waits for no one.
Wake up! Wake up!
Don’t waste a moment
(thanks to Cafe Zen for the pic)
So here it is, this great matter of birth and death. Sometimes I feel I contemplate these things too much and miss this life that is slipping by quickly, right before my next breath. For many reasons, I am in a dark place right now. Life is good but my spirit is just kind of, well, dark. 

It is rare for me to be in this place. I am, for the most part, ridiculously  optimistic about life and all the matters of life.
I woke up at 3:45 this morning. I tried to make myself stay in bed until 5:00 but it just wasn't meant to be. I did get a good bit accomplished though. I cut up some celery for snacks, cut up and stewed some squash for a meal later this week, sat Zazen, ran the dishwasher and did some reading. So here it is now 8:00 in the morning and I am sleepy.
I guess I can say I "woke up" this morning and I did not "waste a moment".
Maybe I'll go for a walk and see what the birthing of spring has to offer the camera lens and report back later.

"Life slips quickly by"

bows,

Alan

1 comment:

Annotated Margins said...

I hope the spring walk brings the arrival of a bright spirit.