Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, May 16, 2010

JUST THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO DAILY ZEN FOR THE FOLLOWING QUOTE;



The spiritual light shines alone,
Far transcending the senses
And their fields;
The essential substance is exposed,
Real and eternal.
It is not contained in written words.
The nature of mind has no defilement;
It is basically perfect and complete in itself.
Just get rid of delusive attachments,
And merge with realization of thusness.

 - Pai-chang (720–814)
And so I have to remind my self again! It's (if there is an "it")  is not in the books, it is not in my thoughts, it is not in my feelings, it is not in my smell, my taste, my eyes, ears, nose or even Mu!

"It is basically perfect and complete in itself."

MMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So again, I sit down and shut up, I get up and live, love, hate, be happy, be sad, be brave, be afraid, be proud, be humble, be dumb, be smart. Then again I sit down and shut up.

All the while "it is basically perfect and complete in itself."

Bows,
Alan

No comments: