Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, May 23, 2010

ME, MALA AND MU

So I have taken up the koan "MU". I have no idea what this means for me but it is truly what my spirit led me to do. It may reveal my arrogance, my stupidity or it may even reveal my hunger for the "truth" about this great life we all have been given to live.


I have met with Dosho twice now, sharing my thoughts, sharing my frustrations, just sharing. Now I have told him not to treat me with soft hands. Life is swiftly passing by and The Great Matter must be dealt with. No, I don't know what all this means either! 


So anyway, this morning I decided to take me, my mala beads and mu for a long slow walk...five miles...each step was mu, each rolling tire from the cars was mu, each bird was mu, the wind was mu and then I would lose mu for about five or ten minutes and then mu would come back. Back and forth, me, mala and mu. It was a great walk! 


And now I am going to make some marinara sauce and enjoy the back porch, watch the trees, the birds and maybe have a scotch.


Mu,


Alan

No comments: