Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Losing The Edge


When nothing seems to be cooking, when nothing seems to be boiling, when nothing seems to be happening, when nothing is what is, I feel like I am losing my edge.

Part of that angst is just my addictive personality needing a fix. I just this past week suggested to someone to pay attention to their life just as it is. I said pay attention to the ordinary things. I said these ordinary things are sacred. Talk about projection!

Our practice is no more or no less that what is right in front of us in this very moment. JUST THIS, stupid!!!

"Does a dog have Buddha nature.?"   " Mu."

Back to the edge I go!

Bows to the precious ordinary life!

Alan

No comments: