Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Monk Weekend























This is what I call my "Monk Weekend".

The wife is in Nashville at a baby shower for my sweet daughter Katie. So here I am "home alone".So what does a monk weekend look like?

Well, Dosho would probably like me to be sitting for eight hours a day or something like that but that won't happen! But I do intend to "up" my sitting to three sits a day in the midst of my work practice, cook practice, music practice and study practice.And I do intend to keep this a silent weekend as best I can, watching my crazy mind do its things and trying to lasso it back to the moment.

Bows to the weekend,

Alan

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Mary is out of town for training this week at her new corporate HQ in Jacksonville FL, so I am attempting to be mindfully quiet as well when the workday ends at the house.

It is light past 10 PM in the Pacific NW summer, and I sit outside luxuriating in the sound of birds, breezes, and kids at play.