Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Picking and Choosing


There's a koan about picking and choosing. I'm not going to try and pretend to understand all it's implications for this path I walk. But one way it raises my awareness about this life I lead is in letting go of opinions about a particular situation and letting it be what it will be. This is not to say my emotions don't kick in and kick me around a bit before I raise my heart/mind above those emotions and see them for what they are: my ego, my attaching, my conditioning, my aversions...my, my, my!!!!


There is so much freedom in this place of allowing things to be as they are. Now this is not a passive stance, this is a stance of awareness and taking the action of dealing with things as they are, not as we hoped them to be.


bows,
Alan

No comments: