Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Dharma and Grandparenting


That's my first grandchild wrapped in all those stripes. Her name is Caroline Jo Coleman. She and her mother are here this weekend for a baby shower. Having this first grandchild is kind of like a koan for me. I really can't "know" anything about this until I experience it with my whole body/mind. I just "know" how much I love her mother, so I can't imagine what it is going to be like to love her. It surely can't be any "more" but I got to think that this is going to really be something different. What a great mystery it seems to be to me! What a great opportunity to forget the self!!

I love you Caroline but I think it is even more than that!

Bows,

Granpa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: