Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve - Silent Night...Silent Path


I have immersed myself into Thomas Merton during this advent season. It has been an interesting journey for me. Merton is my spiritual father in so many ways. He showed me a way and continues to show me a way of living this path that makes the most sense to me.

Reading Merton again at this point on this path has been pivotal for me in one particular way.

 In all that he says, it all seems to end in emptiness, no form, no conceptualization, stripping away of the ego (false self), dropping body and mind, being still, just breathing, just taking the next breath, the next step.


Silent night, Silent night, Silent, Silent, Silence...

I'll go wash my bowl now.

Bows and Merry Christmas,
Alan                                                                    

No comments: