Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Flowing, Letting Go, Not Holding On.......


(PICTURE BY MI CH ELLE)


The following is a quote from Norman Fisher from the Every Day Zen site. It is taken from a talk given on Dogen's time-being.

"Last time I was discussing the idea that we're not going to make [Dogen's teaching on time-being] into a doctrine, or hold onto a concept about our lives, and that we have to be willing to let go at every point.  This is something that we have to deal with all the time.  So, unfortunately, we've got fixed ideas - like the idea of "me."  There's a big difference between "me" as a concept that I am clinging to, and "me" as an ongoing flow of experience.  This ongoing flow of experience is more like what Dogen is speaking about." 








I LOOK AND SEE BUT KEEP LOOKING

I GRASP AND LET GO, GRASP AND LET GO

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I FIXED MY VIEW?

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I NEVER LET GO?

ALL WOULD BE CONSTRICTED

ALL LIMITED

ALL CLOSED

"ME"

BOWS,

ALAN

1 comment:

Jinksy said...

I like this idea - each moment has to be let go, before we can fully experience the next...