Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, January 10, 2011

Nothing To Offer, Sorry




I have spent a lot of time over the last two days reading about the violent act in Arizona. I have read news reports, blog responses, looked at pictures and listened to short blips of news on the internet.

All of these conduits of information make me feel I am required to do something but I have no idea what the proper thing to do is. 
I can't change the world. I have a hard enough time just trying to uproot the violence in myself much less the rest of the world.
I'm not a social activist. I am too much of a wimp for such as that.
Does this make me a apathetic?
I certainly don't have any suggestions for what the causes are or what the answers are for whatever the causes may be. I'm not informed enough for such things.
I am a simple guy, who loves simple things, who loves his family and friends and who just wishes we could all get along.

I am also wise enough to know that will never be a reality.

When the winner does win, what does he or she win?

Bows,
Alan


No comments: