Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zen Masters Disguised as CPR Teachers


Yesterday we had our annual in-service for CPR. So I'm sitting at the table with the "dummy" in front of me, listening to the teacher explain: 


"We are going to do this today without all the story and just get to the point." 


Did you get that? 


Genjokoan and CPR! 


There it was. One of those kind of moments when the pebble hits the bamboo and "ping!"...


No, I didn't wake up but I was glad that my mind and body were awake enough to hear the truth of Zen in an everyday conversation.


That's it. Nothing more to say here. Just thought this was kind of cool!


Bows,
Alan

No comments: