Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Living Eliot's "...in all of our exploring..."

T.S. Eliot Quotes

T.S. Eliot
"We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time."
- T.S. Eliot

This quote has meant a lot to me for a long time but 
even more so in my journey at present. I am, at 
present, reading for the second time Father Richard Rohr's 
book, FALLING UPWARD: A SPIRITUALITY FOR THE 
TWO HALVES OF LIFE. 
This is not just a book for Christians. 
It is a book for anyone who takes life, the spiritual life, which is 
this life, seriously. 
I'm not doing a review here but for those of you who have not 
encountered a wise approach to the Jewish and Christian 
scriptures, this book is phenomenal. If I were going to use a 
Buddhist description of what it is about I would say it reveals the 
path to becoming a true Bodhisattva or a true human being 
or to put it another way, a responsible adult. 
It has been refreshing to explore some of my roots again 
and to be able to "know" them for the first time, again.
 Another wonderful finger pointing 
to the moon!
Nine Bows to Father Richard,
Alan

No comments: