Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, May 30, 2011

Y?

TEN REASONS


Why do I do this thing that I am doing this very moment? 


1. It's an ego trip at times. 
2. It's a form of creativity (if you saw me draw you would be thankful I have chosen writing).
 3. It is a spiritual practice. 
4. It reveals things to me that I might not be aware of if I did not do this. 
5. It's the trendy thing to do.
6. I've always liked to write, whether it's good or bad, it is good for me. 
7. Sometimes I actually think I have something to say that is important.
8. I spend most of my day listening to others.
9. It is a great way to communicate.
10. It is a form of intimacy with this life I live.


Sorry but I have to add a #11


11. It is a form of solitude.


And again #12 (don't you like my flexibility?)


12. Just look at my other two blogs. Two other good reasons to say something (sometimes) that matters about this life.


Bows,
Alan

No comments: