Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zazen vs Living


Dosho Port over at Wild Fox Zen ask his readers a few days ago which is stronger. He phrased it zazen vs daily life.
So I'm sitting out on my deck with my wife this morning, doing my "daily life" of soaking up some 
vitamin D. 
The thought comes to me about my daily life and how my zazen has penetrated my mind in such a way that my daily life is different...at times.

So it comes to me that it is not a matter of which is stronger. It is a matter of when do the two become one?

Is that what it means to "actualize the fundamental point?"

Bows,
Alan 



No comments: