Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, June 19, 2011

LOVE, INTIMACY, TWO BECOMING ONE, INCARNATE



Last night my daughter and her husband and my oldest granddaughter, as well as myself and my wife were over at my son's house celebrating each of the young men's first Father's day.
My son and his wife had our second granddaughter just 19 days ago.
The evening got late for my Sweet Caroline (6:30). She was beginning to act sleepy. I wanted to take her but my daughter said, "I got her, she's tired."
My daughter knows what her daughter needs.
This knowing comes from the deep intimate relationship she and Caroline have.
And this picture is an incarnation of that relationship.
This picture is incarnation of intimacy.
This picture is the holy, standing right before me as I snapped a quick shot of mother and daughter.
This picture is the two being one.
This picture is my granddaughter, fast asleep in my precious daughter's arms.
This picture burst my heart wide open.

DEEP BOWS TO HER KNOWING,
ALAN




1 comment:

Carla Royal said...

This is so beautiful, Alan. The photo captures the essence and your words touch me. Yes, the holy is always standing right before us.