Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, June 24, 2011

Not Knowing Really Is Most Intimate

Disclaimer:
Today I have rambled quite a bit here. Not sure what this is about but these are the thoughts and words that bubbled up for me this morning.


If I, me, mine do not dissolve,
 I, me, mine are always
 separating what is one
into two.
Ignorance.
I still don't know this. I can only write about it and believe it is so.


I wonder if he knew this?

Was this "oneness" actualized when "the word became flesh"?


He says, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."


He says, "I and the Father are one."


Was he not a Bodhisattva?


Was he not a finger pointing to the moon? 


But at the same time was he not actualizing that moon in his life?


And throughout history, that moon has been called many things.


But let's not name it.


Then it's not mine and it's not yours.


IT just is.


Not knowing is most intimate.

Shedding!


Shedding names, 


concepts 


and just breathing,


Just This,


What Freedom!


What intimacy!


A constant practice!


Day in and day out.


Right before us in everything we do.


Please let us remember,


Not knowing is not the same as ignorance.


Not knowing is being open to what is.


Bows,
Alan



No comments: