Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Realize, Actualize



“…there is never anything to attain, only something to realize and actualize.”



Got this little tid-bit from David Loy’s book, The World Is Made Of Stories. I won't go into the context of which it is said because I have seen this statement over and over again in some form or fashion in my readings. It just seemed to be a pebble falling onto the bamboo shoot for me this morning, making a very noticeable noise, again.


What “is”, is given. Don’t ask me from whence it comes. I don’t know.


No need to run off looking for “it”.


The question then is how does one realize and actualize “it”?


Maybe there is no question.


Maybe I just “MU”!


There is work to be done.


And the work is just this, done with great intention, great mindfulness…


Ah intimacy!


This wonderful life!


I am grateful!
 
Bows,

Alan


No comments: