Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Thursday, June 9, 2011

SHEDDING


I'm cautious anymore when it comes to writing about something I "sense" somewhere inside of me. It can seem a little too "feeling" and in some ways too sentimental. 
I have been at the beach all week with family and have had a lot of down time. That too can cause me to think I am sensing something that isn't even there.
Having your first two grandchildren in the last eight months may have something to do with all this also.

Anyway, one of the ways I work through these things is to write about them. So I will write.

The word that has bubbled up for me is "shedding"...
I've never thought of "shedding" in spiritual terms. Usual the phrase "letting go" seems more appropriate.
But as I think about it, shedding seems more intimate, letting go seems more external.

So I'm thinking there is some shedding going on and I have no idea what that means.

I will say that the sense of it is calming and peaceful.

I'll just stop here. If I keep going with this now it will just be me trying to create something that does not exist.

Alan

No comments: