Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, July 22, 2011

Monkey mind

I have spent the last seven days a bit stealth. My wife has been in Atlanta, visiting the granddaughters. So seven days alone in the house. Worked during the day but mornings and evenings alone, no tv, just the sounds of a quiet home. It is amazing how loud your mind is when you are alone. Yes, I talked out loud to myself also. Anyway, it was like my mind had a bright light shining on it. A great training week!


This is by no means my first time to spend a week alone in silence but for some reason the mind thing was most prevalent.

"this mind is Buddha"

Well, no!

Monkey?

Well, just give me a banana!

Alan

No comments: