Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Monk Day



 This weekend I am alone. The wife has gone to see the grandchildren and I made the choice to spend a few days like this. The cool mornings have arrived here, finally, so I have declared this a monk day for me. So I will spend this day in quiet cooking, reading, maybe writing, sitting. I will try to make it a day of reflection.

Bows to this wonderful fall season, which always creates pots of soup, cups of coffee and stirs my mind to reflect on the things that really matter, stills my heart and just seems to beckon the monk in me to give birth.

Bows to the season
when the sap begins to fall.
Clear skies, cool mornings

Alan
(a monk in the world)

No comments: