Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, October 1, 2011

OCTOBER


We had our first cool fall morning on this first day of October. How harmonious of Mother Nature.
We are now entering my most favorite time of the year and it really does impress a peace on me that I can't explain. I am a lover of cold weather and have spent my whole life (except for four years) down here in the south, go figure.

I have these romantic visions of being in a little cabin in the woods, fire burning in the fireplace, sitting on the porch, watching the sun rise as the steam from my hot coffee rises around my face.

Like this one.
Of course, my survival skills are very limited but I guess I could learn.
After my morning coffee I would go and split some wood for about an hour. After that I would go back to the cabin and do some slicing and dicing, preparing a big pot of some kind of good soup or stew.
Back outside to haul the wood back to the cabin.
Next it's time to clean the cabin and straighten up things, check the soup or stew on the stove, add some more firewood.
Now I would make another cup of coffee and just sit on the porch awhile.
Like this one.
Time for a slow walk in the woods now, paying attention to the beauty around me.




Come back to the cabin in about two hours, check on the soup or stew, take another sit on the porch, just observing all that is around in silence.


Anyway, I have rambled.

Bows to October,

Alan

No comments: