Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Practice of Letting Go And Seeing The Moon and Then Letting Go Of The Moon




Authentic religion is more about subtraction than addition, more letting go of the false self than any attempt at engineering a true self. You can't create what you already have. Contemplation In Action~ Richard Rohr, Center for Action and Contemplation

I remember clearly how much I enjoyed and was ecstatic about my learning opportunities while at Emory University.

I learned so much and wished I had had the time to work on a PhD but that was not to be.

And now I have spent the last 15 years, not necessarily unlearning, but letting go of preconceived ideas about reality, about God, about enlightenment.

Rohr reminds me there is nothing to create, only something to discover.

 My practice is to move out of the way, to let go of ideas, conceptions, get rid of the debris (some is debris), to look beyond the finger pointing (all that learning) and


SEE THE MOON.


AND THEN LET GO OF THE MOON!


I GUESS YOU COULD SAY IT IS A COMING BACK TO EARTH. 
COMING BACK TO THIS ORDINARY LIFE, THIS ONLY LIFE I HAVE AND THE ONLY LIFE THAT IS: JUST THIS!

BOWS,
ALAN

No comments: