Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, October 30, 2011

SHUT UP!!



So I'm reading again the book of MU. Trying to go very slowly with it on the second read. 

I know this is not how I will come to experience MU but I do have "great faith" in that this book will keep pulling me back down on the cushion.

I just started reading it again yesterday. 
In the introduction there is this line on page six:

"Don't believe anything you think."

So any concept of MU that I come up with immediately puts me one step away from the experience. 

I don't mean "one step" that I am closer, 

I mean "one step" that I am as far away from "it" as I can be.

MU is not a thought!

So why don't I shut up and sit down!

Bows,
Alan

No comments: