Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Being Real



We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.





~ T. S. Eliot        





Every now and then I feel the need to put some kind of qualifier on this blog about my practice and what it is I write here. It's my way of keeping it real, not wanting to appear more than just what I am, this ordinary guy looking for the ordinary mind.
It's about being authentic.
So here I am (the one in the red), ordained in the United Methodist church, actualizing that ordination as a oncology chaplain.
A very lay zen practitioner. I don't even have a group I can practice with but I think I have talked about that on this blog before. I have never sat sesshin but if I live long enough I will.
I continue to do most of this practice in my head with great detriment. But I continue to sit with great faith and great doubt.
My writing on this blog is a huge part of my practice for me. It helps me clarify my life experiences and I think in some way continues to birth me into the authentic person I want to be.
So here I am. Just this. Just me. Just living and letting go, living and letting go, living and letting go.

So there.

Now I feel better.

Bows,

Alan

No comments: