Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, February 24, 2012

Not Knowing Doesn't Mean Not Experiencing





After a short discussion with a teacher about this idea (if you can call it an idea) of "just this" mentioned in my last post, I realize I don't really know what "just this" is, at least to the point at which I could put "it" into words.

I asked the teacher:
"Which comes first,
Mu or Just This?"

He body slams me with:
"What is Mu and what is Just This?"

I still don't know!


I can say that in that moment with the patient I mentioned in the post, it seemed the only thing that mattered in that VERY moment was just what was. I was careful not to stir the water. I did not want to muddy things up to the point where neither of us could see or experience just what we were seeing or feeling from moment to moment.
It was truly a breathe in and breathe out, moment to moment.

And in that I wonder if we both did not actualize  "Just This".

I don't know.

Bows,
Alan

No comments: