Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, March 11, 2012




I spent a few days this past week sitting Zazen and receiving the Eucharist before the icon you see there in the picture.
I made an attempt to sit for longer periods of time.


How successful was I?


Who is picking and choosing?


I spent a few days sitting Zazen and receiving the Eucharist before the icon you see there in the picture.

Was it a meaningful time?




We shall not cease from exploration 
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. 

     T.S. Eliot -- "Little Gidding" (the last of his Four Quartets)


To know and to be known.

Consummating!

Bows to my teachers,

Alan















No comments: