Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, July 29, 2012

LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, IN, OUT, OPEN, SHUT AND BEYOND THEM ALL






I continue my inward journey and my outward life (but not two), wondering when the inward will penetrate the thin skin of my spirit and be incarnated into my flesh and become my body, my mind, my breath, my life. "They" speak of a gateless gate, so one would think (and there's part of the problem) that there is nothing to penetrate, nothing to break through. Only something to realize and then actualize. 


Mumbo jumbo! Words! Thoughts! Ideas! Concepts!

Shut up!
Sit down!
Quit thinking!
Quit Seeing!
Quit smelling!
Quit tasting!
Quit Feeling!

Stand up!
Speak!
Think!
See!
Smell!
Taste!
Feel!


Wake Up!

To what?

Probably absolutely nothing new.

Just closer to "it" than ever before.

But I have always been close to "it".

Just aware, that's all.

Bows,
Alan


No comments: