Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Myriad Things





May 14, 2013

Yesterday I zipped off a quick email to my zen teacher saying,

"Did you ever or do you ever get to the point where you wonder if any of this stuff matters.? Maybe I am just going through spiritual fatigue."

Then on the way home, the weather being so nice,
I opened the sunroof on my car and put some nice quiet piano music on my pandora station. I stopped at a traffic light. I then casually looked up through my open sunroof and beheld the most beautiful green leaves glistening in the sun and shimmering from a slight wind.

I didn't want to leave that place.


"To carry yourself forward and esperience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening."
Dogen


Bows,
Alan

No comments: