Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy 42nd Anniversary Laurie


LALA...aka...Laurie...aka...My WIfe of 42 Years!



Growing old together,
Settling into a rhythm of life
Where at times it seems our breaths are one.
Our differences no longer challenged
Just accepted.
Growing old together,
Graced with the gift of seeing the fruits of our love
In four precious souls who, 



Without their knowing it,
Have matured us in ways we could have never born ourselves.
Watching you give and give,
To these little ones
Has been one of the greatest gifts you have given me.
I love you deeply as my wife,
But there are times I love you even more
As Lala to those little ones.
So happy anniversary to a great wife
And an absolutely wonderful grandmother.



Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn’t make any sense.*
–Rumi
Love,
Alan

No comments: