Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, October 20, 2013

NOT TWO



NOT TWO



We awaken in Christ's body as Christ awakens our bodies, 
and my poor hand is Christ. 
He enters my foot, and is infinitely me.
 I move my hand, and wonderfully my hand becomes Christ,
 becomes all of Him 
(for God is indivisibly whole, seamless in His Godhood). 


I move my foot and at once
 he appears in a flash of lightning. 
Do my words seem blasphemous?-
Then open your heart to him


And let yourself receive the one 
who is opening to you so deeply. 
For if we genuinely love him, 
we wake up inside Christ's body where all our body, 
all over, every most hidden part of it, 
is realized in joy as Him, 
and He makes us utterly real,

and everything that is hurt, everything
that seemed to us dark, harsh, shameful,
maimed, ugly and irreparably
damaged, is in him transformed

and recognized as whole, as lovely,
 and radiant in His light. 
We awaken as the Beloved
in every last part of our body. 


ST. SYMEON THE NEW THEOLOGIAN (949-1022)

Cynthia Bourgeault. Mystical Hope: Trusting in the Mercy of God (Kindle Locations 24-25). Kindle Edition. 

1 comment:

Mystic Meandering said...

"We awaken *as* the Beloved..." Not two. Yes. Rings true here. Lovely...