Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, July 26, 2015

A MONK IN THE WORLD




There are those who are close to me who would say to you that I live a small life. "Small" is my word. I find myself lately observing and contrasting my activity to those around me. Again I am reminded of a call I felt many, many years ago: 

"you will be a monk in the world".

I continue to try and live that call out in my daily life, even when I am percieved as quite boring by some. I can only smile inside. 
My life is not boring.
To me my view is vast.
Keeping my life small allows me to see with different eyes. And sometimes what I see is useless activity and useless striving.

I am happy in this small place.

I can see.


No apologies.

Alan

No comments: