Monk In The World

To be a monk is to have time to practice for your transformation and healing. And after that to help with the transformation and healing of other people.

Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, October 2, 2015

TO SUCH BELONG THE KINGDOM



"My computer sits in a room at the back of our house, with a view of the garden. I sat there writing yesterday when all of a sudden I heard a scraping, squeaking sound. My gaze shifted to the outside, to the garden. The weather was brilliant. Not the slightest breeze in the air, everything bathed in a soft, clear light. I saw nothing. Another squeak. Then I had to laugh. Above the weathered garden fence I saw the curly head of Antje appear and disappear. She was on the swing, and loving it. Antje is five. She regularly stays over at her grandmother's, who lives next door. Delighted, I keptp looking at my neighbor's little grandaughter. At the eunthusiasm with which she surrendered to the swinging, while her curls danced wildly up and down. She was not contemplating theories or explanations. She was just swinging...I watched this little girl move with her whole being. Without thinking of anything at all Completely at one with her activity. And suddenly I wished for life to be such that we would not grow older than five"

THE TASTE OF SILENCE: how I came to be at home with myself
Bieke Vandkerckhove
Pg.54

No comments: